3.15.2011

You, Yourself

Brown's lecture/talk at TED was quite inspiring and eye-opening to how we function. Everyone can attest to looking at their abilities and attributes while assessing themselves in a negative or positive light. I know that I am very pessimistic about my artwork and compare myself harshly to others. I'm not satisfied with my work, but I don't accept it for what it is either. Same could be said about our personality and appearance. The thought that you can't love or accept others until you love and accept yourself resonated with me and made sense. In her talk, being vulnerable seemed to mean being able able to accept your flaws and to let other people be aware of them. No one is the definition of perfection, but many strive to be under societal conformation. I think that if people were to adopt these ideas, many would feel happier and successful in their lives.


-JHo

No comments:

Post a Comment